Monday, January 25, 2010

Busy Days are Better!

I had tons of stuff to do today and didn't get it all done, but I did accomplish everything I needed to with the kids.

The kids and I decided we would be going to the library on Mondays and Wednesdays. I told Brian he really needed to get started with Algebra and if we did it now we could go real slow and take our time. He panics when going into the unknown! He did not like this idea at all. We did the first section of the first chapter and he got it very easily so he felt better about how this would go. I told him we would pick a spot in the book and when he got to that point, he would get a reward. I did this for my sake too. I don't want to get through 3 chapters and then get lazy with it because it seems like so much!

Megan is funny. She's so eager but when you tell her what she's going to do, then she complains. She worked on some division by herself for a while and then I told her we would start her French. She then said she only wanted to do one subject a day. I reminded her of all the subjects she wants to do and that if that's the case, she will have to do 2 a day. She wants it both ways....LOL! We did a little bit of French, and then she was all into it!

I realized with Charlie that the multiplication is going to take more work that the addition and subtraction did. I'm still reviewing the 3X facts with him but even if he doesn't know an answer he already understands the concept. I'm dying for him to write the numbers himself but he won't try at all....so more waiting there. If he could just write the numbers, he'll probably finish Algebra before Brian...LOL!

After the library, I came home and had to get to work on the cake for Megan's cake decorating class and then we went to the class. Now we are home and I'm wore out. But it's a good wore out. It's days like this that make me feel like I'm getting back into a normal routine, which has been SO hard for me since before Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have found you through MBC...you are right, sometimes it is just good to keep busy!!

    ReplyDelete