Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Introducing the Royal Subjects!

I just realized that many that come here do not know us or a lot about us. Me, the MOM!, I'm Carolyn. I have 2 step-kids Spenser and Christa. Spenser is in the Air Force in NJ and Christa has moved back home and is studying to be a teacher (ack!). Brian is 12, Megan just turned 10 and my baby Charlie is 4. We live in Northeast Tennessee and are very fortunate to be a part of an AWESOME homeschool network, TEACH!

Brian is my "science nerd" kid. He loves everything science-y, especially Astronomy and Engineering. He watches a lot of "Build It Bigger" and "How It's Made" and learns so much from that channel.

Megan is my reader and language girl. She loves to read and do crafts and likes to learn foreign languages. She and I just started taking a Wilton Cake Decorating class, so I hope she enjoys doing that too!

Charlie is my Math whiz. Last year he taught himself how to read basically and whizzed through Abeka's 1st grade Math book basically all on his own. We are now 1/2 way through the 2nd grade book.

Oh, Max too! Max is our dog, Boxer/Chow mix. He'll be 10 in April and so he's slowing down a lot. He's been the greatest dog I've ever had and wonderful with the kids. He can take all their abuse. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment